Monday 10 September 2012

Review for Enshadowed (Nevermore #1) by Kelly Creagh

 Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Varen Nethers is trapped in a perilous dream world -- a treacherous and desolate realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life. Isobel Lanley, plagued by strange visions and haunted by the nightmares of Varen's creation, is the only one who can save him.
Isobel knows that her only hope lies within a Baltimore cemetery. There, in the early morning hours of Edgar Allan Poe's birthday, a mysterious stranger known as the "Poe Toaster" will make his annual homage at the legendary poet's grave.
Only the Poe Toaster holds the key to the way between worlds. But even greater dangers lie ahead for Isobel. An ancient evil, draped in veils of white, is watching, challenging her for Varen's affections. When Isobel finally finds Varen, he is no longer the quiet and brooding boy who once captivated her, but a dark force, powerful and malevolent


4.5 star rating.

A freakin' hell that just cannot be it!. No Ms. Creagh, you are not doing this to me once again.

Ah Enshadowed what can I say about you that others haven't? I am at a loss for words. Seriously. But what I can tell you, who are reading this review, is that this is a must-not-miss book. You need to get it..seriously. (I've went through two seriously's. that's one you it just got real)

Agh, Isobel, I feel it for you girl (and your family -> I really do like how Ms. Creagh incorporates her family). You really went through so much, and you still are, and with how the book ended...I just don't know what to think..*bangs head* I need more..

Gwen you're the bestest bestie anyone could ever ask for. You try to keep Izzy grounded, and that's wonderful...Your wit and humour is a bright spark in this otherwise serious book.

Pinfeathers...*tears up*

Varen..*bawls* I think you've been in dreamscape so long, it's hard to tell what's real from what's not...and boy *boxes Varen* Thou shalt not belong to the ruin! I command it!...

This also brings me up to the point of the world that Ms. Creagh created. It's confusing, it's rich and and it's beautiful. The confusing is a good thing, in that we, along with Isobel, are not certain which world we're in. Everything has that dreamlike quality to it. And I'm beginning to understand what people mean by when they say, a book was written in beautiful prose, because that is definitely the case in this book.

There is also the question that pops into mind at the end of this...just because it's a dream world, does it mean that it's not real?

All in all, this was a solid not to miss book. Read it, or else...dun dun dun...now I shall go to sleep with the lights on...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment