Wednesday 2 May 2012

Review for The Gathering (Darkness Rising #1) by Kelley Armstrong

The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1)The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a pretty good read.

This series seems to be paced like the Darkest Powers Trilogy (from which this series is a sequel..I think), in that the ending of the first book in that the climax isn't BAM! in your face and it's not really a cliffhanger hanger...I don't know how to explain it, but if you've read the Darkest Powers, I think you'll know what I mean.

Maya is a strong character and she's unfolding - as the story progresses- the truth about herself. One thing I loved about this was that the parents in the book were actually involved in the main characters life because more often that not in YA paranormal/fantasy the parents are barely there. It's nice to see that they play a role here.

Rafe (the mysterious bad boy but not really aka love interest) I'm not sure of, sure I'm rooting for them, but I haven't gotten enough information about him to say how I truly feel about him as a person. We do get a fair amount of scene time..I'm just greedy ( :P )

Daniel is a dear [the protective best friend). Right now (anything can happen later..I doubt it though) he and Maya are just best friends, and I love their relationship. And I'm pretty sure that he's not exactly human

The town itself is...well let's just say I want to know just exactly what these research people are up to.

Overall it was a fun and quick read.

No comments:

Post a Comment